Thursday, November 3, 2011

6. Back to the Organ!

Whew.... Well, it has been an eventful past few days here in Connecticut. We had a huge snow storm (in October?!) and the power went out all over the state. Luckily, my house did not lose power but the church did- which meant no organ practicing for me. *hmph*

I spent the last two days working from the confines of my toasty home and practicing on my piano. Oddly, the rest of Westport had their power back a long time before the church but happily power was restored late last night. Today's task is to add pedals to the Gerald Near "Puer Nobis Nascitur" that I learned over the past days on my piano. I'm really enjoying this piece and would recommend playing it.

Also, I'll work on the Mozart "Laudate Dominum". I learned this MANY years ago when I was a teenager but only learned to play it on the piano. Why I did that; I have no idea. It will actually be easier on the organ with the pedal assisting the left hand- it is an awful lot of jumps to do without it!

Lastly, a big thank you for reading my humble little blog. I hope you're enjoying the journey- I certainly am! Things will pick up over the next few days because I'm just one day shy of two weeks to go (eek!), so I'm hoping to blog almost everyday. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment