Saturday, October 15, 2011

4. Make your own motivation...

Let's face it: we all have busy lives. This is neither a new nor radical idea. But, when we make the decision to do something important, we do it. We make time for it... and I'm hoping to make this a "do as I do" situation. "Hoping" being the key word in that last sentence.

I've been doing really well practicing the Stanford and the Near- both really great pieces and harmonically very orchestral. The Bach, however, is proving a challenge. Don't get me wrong, I love Bach. I love playing it and performing it and practicing it, even. I just seem to be having trouble getting that book onto the music rack. I tell you this not to complain but because I promised an honest account of my journey to the CAGO and this is part of it.

Solution time.

I, despite my own hectic schedule, have put the Bach down as the Postlude tomorrow. Am I crazy? Probably, but that's a topic for another day! So... enough chatting. Off to work!

Next time: hymns. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment