Thursday, September 15, 2011

1. Let's start at the very beginning...

Yes, there will be multiple "The Sound of Music" references in this blog. You have been warned!

First thing's first: introductions. My name is Leslie Smith. I am an organist here in Connecticut and I have decided (at the gentle, nay, persistent prodding of fellow organists) to do the "Colleague" level of AGO Certification.

"Why?" you might ask. Well, partly because it is a really great way to hone your skills, not to mention be a bigger presence in the AGO and mostly because yours-truly here is your very own guinea pig. I am here to show you how I did it and provide some insight, encouragement and helpful tips along the way.

Second, a small confession. I am technically "over-qualified" for the Colleague level. I graduated with a Masters in organ performance a year ago which means I should technically be doing the Associate level. But, fancy-pants graduate students don't need any help with studying and the chances are that they have already passed a certification level or two.

So here I am, your friendly-neighborhood-study-partner. I hope my experiences can be helpful and shine some light on a subject that from the outside can seem quite daunting.

Come along on my journey, won't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment